Wow. I can't believe I have neglected my blog for almost a month! Time has flown by.
Tonight marked a new era in Evan's short life....Cheerios! I've been trying to get him to eat Cheerios or those Gerber Puffs, but all he does is gag on them. But, tonight I tried once again and it worked! He has a new thing where he sprays/spits his pureed food ALL over me, and it's getting old. I'm ready to move onto finger foods, so this is a good start. Plus it can keep him occupied at times!! Tonight I literally had a light misting of pureed peas and turkey all over my shirt, pants, and glasses! He thinks it's kind of funny, and I suppose it is. Just more to clean up...
Other exciting news is that Julia has started reading!! A month or two ago everything just started clicking with her and she could identify what a particular word started with, or we'd play a game where we tried to think of words that started with a particular letter. This morning she looked at the gallon of milk, points to the word "Milk" and says it. I pointed to "fat" (as in reduced fat milk) and she goes, "fat."
We sat down tonight with a short little phonics reader and she read a whole bunch of words (stop, run, fun, fan, ran, cat, etc.). I'm so very proud of her. She is so interested in it and it really did just go off like a light bulb for her. It's fun.
Evan is crawling around like mad and loves to stand. He will use anything in his reach to pull up and doesn't need much to keep standing. When they start out they look like they are holding on for dear life! Now he casually has one hand on the object like it's no big deal.
Time is just going by so quickly. Marc is super busy at work again and working long hours. I've been trying to just keep things running along in the house, yet trying to savor these moments with these two cutie pies. Evan is just growing up so fast. He'll soon be 9 months old. That's 3 months away from a year. I want him to just stay a baby. I'm so glad we had him and he makes me wish for lots more children! (If it wasn't for the pregnancy, the sickness, the labor, the newborn stage, the diapers, or the diminished time for myself!) So, I'm trying to enjoy him as much as possible.
I hope it won't be another month before my next post! Sorry for such a long one tonight, I'm just trying to get caught up!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
WHAT!?!?!? Evan makes you "wish for more children." I thought I'd never hear you say those words :) I know what you mean ;)
Post a Comment