Thursday, October 9, 2008

Charades

Julia got a card game of "Dora Charades" last Christmas and has taken a love to it in the last few weeks. We've been playing and trying to teach her the proper way to play the game. But I think that her way is MUCH more fun.

For instance, you'll never guess what her cards were with these two clues: (yes, she spoke them out loud)

1. "Here little squirrel..."
(card was of a squirrel)

2. "Surf's Up!"
(card was of surfing)

I just laughed out loud and she looks at me in complete confusion because she doesn't understand what she did wrong and is just overjoyed when I correctly answer her. This is the part of Julia that I love. Sometimes she can almost be a little "spacey," but has such a sweet little heart that is doing her best.

Our week can best be summed up by a story from tonight. She drew a picture and put it in an envelope to give me some mail. She had drawn 3 people and said the picture was her family. She says, "Evan, you, and me" as I point to each person. I asked her where Daddy was and she exclaimed, "at work!" Made me laugh, but feel kind of sad. Poor Marc has been working a lot this week (is working right now actually) and he's worn out. He spent 45 min last night preparing a pot roast for dinner tonight that I was to put in the oven today. After getting home an hour and a half late tonight, he opens the oven to find it completely scorched and burnt....he never told me when to take it out. I thought it was odd for it to cook that long, but assumed it was just going to cook until he came home. He's been so busy that he never said to turn the oven off and let it rest. So, after preparing a pretty large dinner for us to have tonight and then for leftovers, we ate a Donatos pizza at 8pm. :( Better luck next time.

2 comments:

Sweet Pea Chef said...

I am cracking up about the charades.

Still sick here. Gonna go lay on the sofa while the boys are at MMO and Preschool. Let's get together after my plague has passed.

Miss you.

Adam Kontras said...

Wow I reacted exactly like you did about the daddy picture (laughter then sadness) kids are little mirrors sometimes...