Sunday, September 21, 2008

Where Do I Start...


Wow. What a crazy past 7 days this has been. There's been something "newsworthy" almost every day! As many of you experienced, we had a wind storm from the remainder of Hurricane Ike rip through our city, causing widespread power outages. Marc had just left for 6 days in Vegas, and I came home in the middle of it to a house with no power and no good flashlights in sight. I found about 20 candles around our house (including some from our wedding centerpieces!) and that's how we got through.

When I woke up Monday morning and was talking to a few neighbors, they said that it could be days before power was restored. I quickly called my mother-in-law and asked if we could move in with them! I packed up the car and headed to Zanesville where I was greeted by doting grandparents, lightswitches that worked, and cable tv. :) It was a bit ironic b/c I had wanted to visit them this past week, but we had too much on our schedule. Nothing like a power outage to change your plans!

One thing I left out...when I went to get Evan that morning from his crib, he greeted me sitting up in his crib! So, he's now mastered getting into a sitting position on his own which has made him very happy and able to manuever around the room in a weird sort of way. The next day he also got another tooth, so he's been a busy boy.

Tuesday morning we headed to the Amish Country where power isn't a big concern as they already don't have any! It was a beautiful drive and we stopped at a farm where Julia could feed some animals. I saw a big white fluffy chicken....have you ever seen one? It's feathers were so fluffy that I couldn't get over it. Maybe I'm weird. :) There was also the *cutest* baby goat. I wanted to take it home with me, but I can barely just take care of my kids!


We came home Wednesday morning and started the process of cleaning the fridge and restocking it, raking all the limbs and leaves from the storm, unpacking from our trip, and getting settled back into normal life.

Marc came home Friday night and we've had a great weekend filled with another great milestone, but this time it belongs to Julia. After months of practice, she has finally mastered pumping on a swing by herself. To those of you without kids, you won't understand the full importance...a swing is great, but kids like to be pushed constantly (harder to do with Evan in one arm) and it doesn't help them get rid of energy and tire them out! So now she can go onto the playset by herself and swing to her heart's content. She was very cute about it and we went out for ice cream afterwards to celebrate!

So that is a summary of my past week. There are more stories to tell, but the Emmy's are calling my name...

No comments: