Tuesday, September 9, 2008

What Begins with "A"?

It's been so long since I've written! So much has happened, but I don't have nearly enough time to write about everything!

Vacation was wonderful. Much needed, and much appreciated. As Marc said as we were beginning our drive home, "well, we accomplished exactly what we set out to do...not much of anything." We ate great food, had a great time with family, including Peter who just got back from a tour in Iraq. The kids did great in the car and even better on vacation.

The only drawback was that SO much was waiting for us when we got home. I've been feeling completely overwhelmed with the amount of things swirling around us. I know I need to be thankful that they aren't "serious" things in terms of doctor appointments for a sick child, etc., but yesterday when I tried to just write out a list, that in and of itself overwhelmed me!!

Julia started preschool and is doing great with it. She now has a weekly project where she has to cut out things from magazines that begin with the letter of the week. Of course she is really "us," and by "us, it's really me. :) We worked on it for a little bit tonight. The letter is of course "A" and it made me realize that I can't find much that begins with A. Any ideas other than apple? It's the only one I found! I have lots for B, C, P, and S. Having trouble with A....what will I do when it's Q?!?!

There is so much more I want to put up here tonight, but 100 other things are calling me. Just need to keep plugging along....

OH! Before I forget, Evan is in the beginning stages of trying to crawl. I knew I should be on the lookout for earlier crawling after my friend's son crawled at 6mths. Evan is 6 1/2 mths and he can get up on all fours and just rocks back and forth. He just started this on Saturday, and today he looked as if he was going to reach out and get going. I'm thinking in a few weeks he'll master it. I'm tempted to tie his legs together to delay this!! (Just kidding Social Services...) Life gets so much harder when they can move around. Nevertheless, it's exciting. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's funny - I'm sitting here trying to think of an "A" picture and it is harder than you would think. The only thing I can think of is an angel or ape Halloween costume - I'm sure you are getting bombarded with magazines with kids costumes in them like I am.
Evan is so cute up on all four!

The Mommy said...

Bennett has been doing the rocking thing for a few weeks but still hasn't figured out the arms so there is still hope that it will be a while before the actual crawling begins!

As for A pictures...maybe an accordian, acrobat, animal, athlete, ant, airplane, or astronaut?

Sweet Pea Chef said...

Ooohhh...all my "a" words were taken by Jill! :)

Except Avocado and Aardvark and (this is kind of a quasi-different word) "applesauce?"