After getting Evan in bed, the three of us played cards together for the first time tonight. (Usually it's just Julia and me, but Marc joined in.) It was lots of fun, and felt natural since playing cards has always been a natural part of family get-togethers (along with tears from those Italians being very competitive!!).
We got out the deck for Go Fish and started dealing out the cards. I was telling Julia the instructions and said, "Ok, now ask me if I have any of these cards." She goes, "Do you have any of these cards?" How could I forget that a 4-yr old would repeat it verbatim?
The game went so well until the end when Marc was the eventual winner. Julia was very upset that he got one more pair than her and just burst out in tears b/c she wanted to be the winner. (I of course grabbed the camera and took a picture! Bad Mom!) But even so, I am looking forward to going to Michigan for a few days to relax and play some cards together! Hopefully I can still kick Marc's butt in Uno!!
No comments:
Post a Comment