Tuesday, August 19, 2008

What Rhymes With Orange?

Today we joined a friend of mine for a morning at the zoo. Getting out the door was very difficult, but we made it. Usually Julia picks out her clothes and is fully dressed when she leaves her room after waking up, but today I not only had to wake her up, but it was difficult getting her dressed and out the door.

I finally convinced her that her black velvet skirt was not appropriate for the zoo, and chose an outfit with monkeys on it. She hasn't worn the orange top all summer, and I just thought she should wear it at least ONCE! Anyway, it worked out so perfectly because my friend's kids were all in orange as well! Her oldest son even had the same color shorts! So, it made finding them in the crowd and at the playground so easy.

I highly recommend this to any parent planning an outing with several kids to keep an eye on! It wasn't planned, but I loved it! Now if I could only convince my friend to dress her sons in pink head-to-toe...



Also, happy 6th month birthday to my little Evan. We're halfway through this first year!

2 comments:

Sweet Pea Chef said...

Love the picture, except for my a$$ in it.

Yeah, I won't be getting anywhere near to pink for anyone in my family but moi!

Had a great time...J

Anonymous said...

Good choice. Orange is my favorite color lately and today (not knowing about me), Matthew said orange is his favorite color too! he had a great birthday today. our first "good" day this week as far as his behavior goes. Early bedtime is a MUST for him!