After a great weekend with the family, it was Monday once again and we had a busy morning planned. We started the day with E's 4-month doctor check-up and everything went well, including his 4 shots. I am slightly concerned about his weight gain -- or perhaps lack thereof. He started out so big (8lb 11oz at birth), but has not kept up as big of a pace with gaining weight since. He's still fine (13lb 10oz), but is almost a pound lighter than when J was his age. He's continually gone down in the weight percentiles. The doc suspects it's because he is sleeping through the night and his body hasn't adjusted to the decreased calorie intake. I am hoping when we start solids in another month or two he'll pack on the pounds!!
He's now 25 1/4" long, same as where J was at this age. So, he's definitely growing! He's just doing me a favor by not being really heavy, right??
After the appointment we went to Ballantrae's water park and had a great time with other women in my Mom's Club. J got to play with a friend she loves from preschool and E slept the whole time. We had a nice picnic lunch and it was just one of those great summer days where the sun was out, but yet it wasn't too hot at all. A day that made me so happy that I'm able to be home with my children. (Thank you M.) I am very grateful.
Anyway, we had a great time at UALC's festival yesterday. We met up with some friends and the kids all had fun playing together. I got some great pictures of the kids. You can see them here. J went down this HUGE slide and lots of other rides. It was all free which was even better!
That's all for now....E
(p.s. I didn't win the contest to get the interior designer, but it went to a very worthy person!)
No comments:
Post a Comment