Monday, June 30, 2008

Another Year Older

Well, I had a wonderful birthday this year that was only made better by the fact that I got to enjoy my birthday dinner and eat cake! Last year I was too sick since I was pregnant. We had a nice weekend. My in-laws came on Saturday and we had a great visit with them. They gave me the starter set to the "Willow Tree" nativity set. I have secretly coveted this for years and have always really wished that I had it. I mentioned this a few weeks ago and she made a mental note of it and got the beginnings of it. I am so excited to get the collection over the next few years!!

Marc got me some nice things from Lands' End and my Mom got me summer PJs...can you believe I don't own a single set of summer PJs? I love them. Plus, I had a yummy cake that my Mom picked out...
Leave it to my Mom to haunt me with my love of Pooh from my childhood. I think it's been almost 20 years, but Winnie and friends live on. When she was ordering it and trying to pick a birthday theme, I guess she told the guy that it needed to be a little older of a theme for her daughter and he suggested Hannah Montana. HA!! Little did he know my age. So funny.

One nice thing was that we took another "4 generations" picture. We haven't done one since J was 5 months old, so it was long overdue.


Well, it's back to normal life, but I luckily still have lots of Graeter's ice cream and cake leftover! The best part of a birthday in my opinion.... :)

No comments: