Upon learning that I submitted my first blog posting last night, my darling husband (DH) was perplexed -- I guess he doesn't believe I have any expertise to share (probably), no theme such as sharing recipes (does how to heat frozen Mac & Cheese count? If it does, I have found 3min 33secs to be the perfect heat time), etc. But I guess I thought this could be a better way to keep in touch with friends and family since 98% of them are out of town and my time to email has been greatly diminished since Chunk's arrival into the world.
So perhaps this blog will just be for me to gush about my kids, tell you the crazy adventures we experience through raising them, and every now and then share a good tip on saving money (just saved $80 at Target!!). Hope it's somewhat interesting that it's worth the time. We'll see!
Today we had VBS again and J was so funny as she danced to the songs and shaked her bum as much as a girl can. It's been such a nice way for us to interact together since I can't be distracted by laundry (which is waiting for me to finish typing so it can be folded), cleaning the kitchen (which is in need of a perpetual wipe-down), or taking care of E (who is looking around the living room and happy to just be doing that for the moment).
M and I finished up redoing our bedroom last night. We hung the last of the curtains and are done with at least this stage. We still need new bedside tables and lamps, but we have a new king bed, headboard, paint (green & a brown accent wall), curtains, decorations, framed picture, etc. We also have hung curtains up in both of the kids' rooms, so our house is slowly looking more like a decorated home. My mother-in-law would be so proud! :) We've just been consumed with me being sick last year when I was pregnant, and then we have finally surfaced from the difficult first few months with a baby. Things feel under control and overall really great for the first time in a year. It's nice. We're really enjoying J, as always, and E has been such a wonderful addition to the family. He's such a happy baby and smiles all the time at us. I love that smile when I get him out of the crib after a nap. I miss that from when J was small.
So perhaps this blog will just be for me to gush about my kids, tell you the crazy adventures we experience through raising them, and every now and then share a good tip on saving money (just saved $80 at Target!!). Hope it's somewhat interesting that it's worth the time. We'll see!
Today we had VBS again and J was so funny as she danced to the songs and shaked her bum as much as a girl can. It's been such a nice way for us to interact together since I can't be distracted by laundry (which is waiting for me to finish typing so it can be folded), cleaning the kitchen (which is in need of a perpetual wipe-down), or taking care of E (who is looking around the living room and happy to just be doing that for the moment).
M and I finished up redoing our bedroom last night. We hung the last of the curtains and are done with at least this stage. We still need new bedside tables and lamps, but we have a new king bed, headboard, paint (green & a brown accent wall), curtains, decorations, framed picture, etc. We also have hung curtains up in both of the kids' rooms, so our house is slowly looking more like a decorated home. My mother-in-law would be so proud! :) We've just been consumed with me being sick last year when I was pregnant, and then we have finally surfaced from the difficult first few months with a baby. Things feel under control and overall really great for the first time in a year. It's nice. We're really enjoying J, as always, and E has been such a wonderful addition to the family. He's such a happy baby and smiles all the time at us. I love that smile when I get him out of the crib after a nap. I miss that from when J was small.
Well, I need to go tend to the nuggets and fold some laundry. More later!
No comments:
Post a Comment