Friday, June 20, 2008

Slept Through the Night! (Unfortunately...not me)


This is the face of a boy that SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT!! He loves to go to bed early, so I put him down at 7pm like normal. I decided last night to try not waking him up for a last feeding before I went to bed, and sure enough, he slept all the way until 6am!! He was up for an hour and then back to bed at 7am until 8:45am. Hooray!! I was up for about an hour in the middle of the night -- I guess just b/c I'm used to it! But I have renewed hope that I might sleep through the night at some point in the near future. :)

Yesterday I had to take J to the doctor's office b/c I thought she might have a UTI. She wouldn't go to the bathroom for me and I used every bribe I could think of (ice cream at Graeter's, popsicles, as much tv as she wanted, etc.). She wouldn't go. At the doctor's office we sat in the bathroom and I again tried everything. I then went to the roll of stickers that they have and tore off a "Hello Kitty" sticker and said I would give her TWO if she would tinkle for me. Her eyes lit up and she asked if she could hold it. I told her, "no, not until you go potty." Who knew that was all it would take -- she finally went and snatched the sticker out of my hand with a big smile. Turns out nothing was wrong....I am stumped as a parent once again!!

It's been a good, but busy week. I have a Mom's Night Out with my Moms Club tonight where we are having a designer give us tips on decorating. We're all putting in $10 in a pool for one person to win the designer coming to their house to help them out. I have to bring a picture of a room that needs help, so I am bringing a picture of our family room. Hopefully I'll win, or at least come home with a few new ideas!

Have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

Sweet Pea Chef said...

Did you win? I am hoping you did!

Hope it doesn't turn into as big of a time suck for you as it is for me. ;)

Evan's pictures get cuter each week!