Tonight J and I were watching TV and someone referenced "God" which then prompted this series of questions from her:
"Mommy, does God eat dinner?"
Not knowing how to answer, I just said, "Yes."
"What does God like to eat?"
The Mom in me started naming off vegetables I'd love for her to eat. I then added "chicken" in there to help God get some protein as well.
"Mommy, you know what else God likes to eat with chicken? Spaghetti!"
I fought the urge to laugh so hard through this short conversation. She has been so good this week while M has been away. He gets home late tonight and this makes the 4th night of being a single parent. It is hard! Today I was reaching the end of my rope and luckily both kids took amazingly long naps. I was able to snag one as well and then get some work done before they woke up. We went to a tea party this morning with my Mom's Club and I guess it just wore them out! Anyway, off to play Hi Ho Cherry-O...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Glad you made it through the night.
I would have told R that God ate carrots. That is his current un-favorite.
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Post a Comment