Monday, July 7, 2008

Girls' Night In

With the hubby out of town and my lack of ability to cook much of anything for dinner, I didn't know what to make for dinner. I am good at making a handful of meals, but then you factor in what J will fuss about eating, and you are down to just a couple of options.

So, I decided to make breakfast....something I am very good at! We had cheesy eggs and blueberry pancakes. They were quite delicious and I used butter to cook the pancakes in -- my Mom's idea. They come out great and you don't have to use butter when you get them on your plate. Yum.

We had an awesome weekend in Cleveland. A bunch of M's college friends met up to have a surprise going away party for some good friends that are moving to DC. We stayed in a Homewood Suites so J had her own room (pull-out couch) and we slept in the bedroom area with E in the pack-in-play. It worked out really well and the weekend was pretty ideal in how it worked out. I realized how much more easy going E is than J was at that age. J couldn't sleep well in her own crib -- nevertheless putting her in a strange house or hotel! He did great and J had a great time playing with all of her friends. I posted a bunch of pictures at our family photo site. Included are pictures of Evan's first dip in a pool. It was very cute. (See pics below for sample!)

Anyway, we've had a good start to the week and I hope to squeeze in some time for myself here and there until M gets home. I have a lot of little projects I want to do, but not sure if the two nuggets will cooperate with that plan! Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Erin,
This blog is great! I love the picture of your daughter in the tattered dress and winter boots. Reminds me of when I BEGGED my mom to let me wear my flower girl dress from a wedding and rain boots to kindergarten. I swore everyone would love it, but she just didn't care. I am still scarred.