You have no idea. These are the 4 words I repeated again and again when asked about the playset we built over the weekend. Sorry, let me correct myself -- almost finished building over the weekend.
Somehow the weekend we planned to work happened to be one of the hottest of the summer. Saturday wasn't so bad b/c we had a lot of shade while cutting the 13,968 boards that had to be cut (just an estimation). We didn't even get close to Sunday was brutal. We were tired. We were frustrated that it wasn't done, and most of our work was in the full sun with little to no breeze. In the end the work was of course worth it -- we saved over $2000 by building it ourselves from a kit from Home Depot, and Julia has loved playing on it each day since. But, it was a challenge!
This week we've put most all the finishing touches on it, but still need to hang the trapeze bar. I know it's going to be great having it instead of using a neighbor's or going to a park!! Think of the money we'll save on gas!!
I posted pictures that we took over the weekend. I hope to post a finished picture soon once we finish it in time for Julia's birthday party!!
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment