Monday, July 28, 2008

New Kitchen Invention

As many of you know, about a week and a half ago we started giving solids to Evan. We are now up to rice & oatmeal cereals, peas, peaches, and most recently his favorite -- carrots.

In trying to remember everything about when to introduce what foods, how much, and how often, etc., I neglected to also remember not only the clean-up, but the resulting diapers and stains everywhere. How could I have forgotten? I'm only giving him a few tablespoons of fruit/veggies at a time, yet his diapers are enough to make me want to solely breastfeed until he's potty trained. In addition, I have been having to treat countless stains on his clothes and bibs from mealtime, and then when he spits up, it contains carrots or peas as well. Ugh.

So my new kitchen invention idea is to have a new dispenser that would be next to the integrated soap dispenser that would allow you to easily treat stains right away after mealtime. I keep my OxyClean pretreater bottle & tiny Tide squeeze bottle under the sink, but they are now just about a permanent fixtures on my countertop and it's not hideous, but it's not ideal. You know how newer sinks have a built in soap dispenser? I think they should also make built-in dispensers to treat stains for Moms of young children!

It might not earn me millions, but I'd at least appreciate it! Or even if they just improved the packaging so it looks better sitting out on my counter for the next year! Anyway, it's going well overall, but you really do forget how time consuming this whole process is!

1 comment:

Sweet Pea Chef said...

Oh my gosh, I think that is *such* a good idea. I would buy one. :)